Pages

Relationships: Is It Possible To Get Too Close To Your Partner?

Friday, December 20, 2013


I'm sure many of us have asked this question before. Is it really possible to get too close to your partner? Aren't you supposed to be close? Is that really a problem? The list of questions could go on and on.
 My answer to this is that it all depends on you and your partner. 
What do you mean it all depends on my partner and I? I'm sure you're all wondering this, and I'm going to explain myself. Now, this is my opinion, and if you guys don't like it, well.. You don't have to read this or start thinking of it in the way I do. Your opinion is yours, and mine is mine.
So, what I mean by it all depends on the both of you.
Whether you've been in a relationship with your partner for a month, or for a year, or even years, I'm sure you guys feel some level of comfort with each other. Now whether that means you tell each other everything, play video games with each other, burp or fart in front of your partner... Everyone has different levels of comfort.
For example, I'd say my boyfriend and I feel quite comfortable with each other. I will burp in front of him and announce when I have to fart or poo-yes I know, not very lady like, but I promise I don't do this on a daily basis- and my boyfriend will fart when I'm in the same room as him. Obviously he won't do it near me, he has manners. Heck, I'm even comfortable around him without makeup on, which is new for me since I don't really feel comfortable without it on in front of anyone else. I'm sure some girls are the same way with makeup as I am. I will play video games with him and watch the shows he likes and vice versa.  We tell each other pretty much everything; what we did that day (if we aren't with each other), how our day was, what are our plans for the rest of the day, how we are feeling, etc. Now, we don't do this because we are nosey and want to keep a close eye on each other, we do it to start a conversation. Communication and trust are key aspects to me in a relationship, and we have both. I would say my boyfriend and I are quite close with each other.
Now for some, farting and burping-especially for girls- is very uncomfortable. They want to appear more lady like to their partner, which is completely fine. Some guys might even be uncomfortable with farting and burping too since their girlfriend might find it extremely offensive. Just because you can't do that around your partner does NOT mean you aren't close, those are just your preferences for the relationship. For others, however, they can be even closer than my boyfriend and I. I don't know how many people do this, but I do know some couples will go to the bathroom with their partner standing right there. And it's not just peeing, it's going number two in front of them as well! Now to me, I find that way too close for comfort, but to them, it may seem perfectly fine. Which is fine for them. It's their relationship and if they feel fine with that, kudos to them!
However, there are some cases when one person in a relationship will feel fine with something and the other is completely NOT okay with it. In those cases, you or your partner can get too close for comfort. If you don't say something about it, it can become very uncomfortable. Like I said, communication is key. If you don't like something, tell your partner. Set boundaries.If they don't like it or agree with you and refuse to stop, then leave.
So... Can you get too close to your partner? My answer is yes and no. If you both feel the same level of comfort with certain things and don't want to go any further than that, then you aren't going to get too close for comfort. If one feels a different way than the other, then one is going to get too close for comfort. It all depends on your level of comfort and your partner's level of comfort.

That's all I have for you today folks! Hope you enjoyed the read, and remember that this is just my opinion.

Ciao,
Heather ♥




No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric