Pages

Being an Introvert

Tuesday, March 4, 2014


A month or two ago, my little sister (who I don't think I've mentioned yet on here) called me out of the blue. She told me that I should take a personality test and that she already made my mom and older sister take one. I was confused and asked her why she was asking people to take these personality tests. She was just being a goof and wanted to see what everyone else got. So, to get her to stop nagging me, I told her I'd take one and talk to her about it over text or Snapchat (we always Snapchat.)
When we hung up and I honestly did NOT want to sit through however long it took me to take the test. I felt it was silly and not necessary. However, I thought about it, searched for the test she told me to take, found one and thought "Why the hell not?"
So, I sat through the test, got annoyed with some of the repetitive questions, and finally got my results. My results were the ISFP personality
You guys are probably wondering "Heather, what the hell is an ISFP personality?" But don't worry, I'm getting to that.
Each letter stands for different words. The I stands for Introvert, the S stands for sensing, the F stands for feeling and the P stands for prospecting.
I'm sure many of you know the definition of an introvert, they are reserved, they prefer to be alone then around others, they get exhausted by social interactions, etc.
But what do they mean by sensing, feeling, and prospecting? Well... According to this site, sensing for introverts means that you are observant, rely on your senses, and you focus on what has happened. Feeling means that you are sensitive, you keep feelings close to the surface, and you follow your hearts. And finally, prospecting means that you prefer to keep your options open and you seek freedom.
This type of personality apparently only makes up a mere 8% of the population and is apparently the most spontaneous and unpredictable. (got this, and everything else in this post, from the site which will be linked at the end of this post) This type is very sensitive and have low self-esteem. They also are curious, imaginative, competitive, and they get stressed very easily.
They also listed out some famous people who have the same personality trait as you on the website. Some of mine include: Bob Dylan, Ulysses S Grant, Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, and John Travolta. 
I now have a favorite quote by Bob Dylan that they had up, and that is "I change during the course of the day. I wake and I'm one person, and when I go to sleep I know for certain I'm somebody else."
This could not describe me better.
I wasn't shocked at the result I got. I knew I was an introvert to begin with, and I agree 100% with everything that was said about my type. I have all of the traits they listed. But it was pretty interesting to read all the facts they have and see famous people who have the same personality as I do. I guess it was worth my time to take it. Oh! And apparently my mom has pretty much the same personality that I do. I see where I get it from now.

For those of you who are interested in reading more about my type of personality, other types of personalities, or you want to take the test, here's a link to the website: http://www.16personalities.com/

I hope you guys enjoy it! Please tell me if you agree or disagree with what you got. I would love to see/hear your results! And I will do a part two of this post sometime in the near future!

Ciao,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric